To initiate meaningful conversations with our neighbors, to challenge our misconceptions of one another and demonstrate that real relationships can flourish between Christians and Muslims while wrestling with religious disagreements.
- Cross barriers to start real
friendships that recognize both what we have in common and what we disagree on
- Use social media to show the world that
this is possible
Members from different communities will be matched together. They will...
- Meet for tea or coffee - at
least once and with openness to meeting again
- Share the basic story of their spiritual journey with one another
- Discuss these questions:
- What is 'real religion'?
- Is there space for the political within real religion?
- What role does the possession of political authority play in real religion? What disagreements exist within your community on this question?
- How does mutual respect fit with your religious tradition’s desire to see others converted/reverted?
- Take a picture together, submit it to the #MyAmericaLooksLike project and post on social media to encourage others to join in.